If you find yourself experiencing difficulty with getting projects started, communicating with others, and your electronics seem to be going haywire lately, it could be because Mercury is retrograde at this time. The planet Mercury went retrograde on July 7th, 2019, and we will feel the effects until July 31st, 2019. Many of us, myself included, have blamed Mercury for our mishaps when the planet goes retrograde. There are some suggested do’s and don’ts that can help you survive Mercury retrograde during this potentially challenging time. Btw, there are some benefits during this time as well as you’ll see below.
First, let’s define what does Mercury retrograde mean? The planet Mercury rules communication, contracts, paperwork, travel, the mind/thoughts, and ideas. For about three weeks at a time, the planet goes retrograde, which can and often does cause confusion and a bit of chaos in our lives. When Mercury is retrograde, certain areas in our lives could benefit when we take some time to reflect and go within. However, there are also some things that it would be best to avoid doing.
- Make important decisions
- Sign contracts
- Buy a car
- Begin a new relationship
- Take anything personally at this time
- Take your time reading paperwork/contracts
- Reflect on your past choices
- Have back-up plans for travel
- Repair your car
- Re-color your hair
- Review your financial situation
- Give yourself and your space a good clearing
- Release an unhealthy habit
What You Can Expect
- Miscommunication – people may be misinterpreting what you say and you may misinterpret other people’s words and intentions
- Electronics are going haywire – computers, clocks, telephones, etc.
- Batteries dying
- Angry behavior
- Getting lost, tardiness
- Increased number of accidents
- People from your past may make come back into your life
As you can see, there are benefits to the Mercury retrograde cycle. You are being presented the opportunity to stop and review your relationships, finances, and the decisions you have made. Your life doesn’t have to be put on hold when Mercury is retrograde, and sometimes, we must sign contracts or have challenging conversations with others. My advice is to take your time and think before you speak, don’t take anything personally, give yourself extra time to get to your destinations and have a few back-up plans in place.
Blessings and Light,