We have all experienced times in our lives where life is chaotic and our patience and faith are tested. Usually, when things are not going well and you are feeling that you may have lost your way, you are in fact experiencing a spiritual awakening. A spiritual awakening is not as lovely and dreamy as it sounds. Often the way spirit gets us to grow and evolve is through challenges and a few dark nights of the soul. It is through these challenges that we are provided the opportunity to make conscious decisions to work through our unhealthy habits and disconnect from toxic relationships and careers.
How Does One Know If They Are Experiencing A Spiritual Awakening?
• You have zero tolerance for drama and gossip and cannot and will not be bothered with it at all.
• You feel ungrounded and your ability to focus is challenged.
• You crave time alone to yourself and would like to be left alone.
• You begin to question just about everything – your job, your lifestyle habits, your relationships and seek alternate healthier alternatives.
• Your intuition is at an all-time high and your dreams are vivid and are filled with tons of messages.
• There is a breakdown of order in almost every area of your life, there are s@$! storms everywhere.
• You do not feel like yourself. You may even be uncomfortable in your own skin. It almost seems like you are living your life through different eyes.
How To Manage These Shifts
• Be patient and gentle with yourself.
• Release judgement about how things look in the moment.
• Don’t rush to make huge changes without giving a lot of thought to your options and checking your resources before making a drastic lifestyle change.
• Get plenty of rest.
• Schedule a healing date with your favorite and trusted energy practitioner.
• De-clutter your home/office/car/mind.
• Sage yourself and your personal space.
• Carry and or wear grounding stones such as: hematite, black tourmaline, tiger’s eye, fluorite and or selenite.
• Pay attention and listen to your intuition. It is going to show you the next best step for you to take.
• Remind yourself of this truth – This too shall pass and you will be stronger, wiser and happier for these experiences.
• Journal, write down your thoughts, feelings and inspirations.
There is no way to avoid challenges in our lives and change is always a constant in our lives. We might as well suit up, show up and put our best foot forward and make the best out of our experiences. Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors.