If you are like me, you lead a busy life and the signs of fatigue seem to creep up from time to time. These symptoms are usually warning signs that I am a quart or two low on energy aka life force energy. I typically begin to experience these symptoms after I have been over-doing it and haven’t taken the time to slow down and recharge my batteries. Leaking energy and having low energy levels is a common occurrence for those who are people pleasers, healers, empaths, counselors, teachers, basically all of us who are natural givers and have a hard time saying no.
What Are The Symptoms?
- Sluggishness ~ Normal every day activities are taking extra energy and extra long to accomplish.
- Restlessness ~ Even though you are tired, you may have a hard time falling and staying asleep. The restlessness is probably due to being overly tired. This undoubtedly is an unhealthy cycle to be in wouldn’t you agree?
- Lack of Motivation ~ You struggle to get projects started and forget about even completing them.
- Overly Emotional ~ Everything seems to set you into an instant emotional spiral going from happy, to sad, to angry and frustrated. You may even find yourself as being unusually sensitive.
- Struggling To Complete Thoughts ~ Your mind races from subject to subject and you can’t make up your mind about anything going back and forth and back and forth.
- Low Immune System ~ You are constantly sick with the flu, colds, IBS, headaches, etc. and are struggling to stay healthy.
- Short Temper/Zero Patience ~ Feeling as if everyone else is going in slow motion and everything is taking forever leaving you stagnant and stuck. You may be taking out your frustrations out on others.
- Defensive ~ Taking everything personally and being defensive is a sign of exhaustion because you are already frustrated from a lack of energy and may not have the mental clarity to rationalize what other people’s intentions truly are.
What Can We Do?
- Self Awareness ~ Check in with your thoughts and emotions from time to time to see if you are showing and or experiencing any of the above symptoms.
- Set Boundaries ~ Know your limits of how much you can handle on your plate and get real honest with yourself. Learn how to say no to yourself and others without feeling guilty or explaining yourself to others.
- Energy Healing ~ Schedule a healing session with your massage therapist, and or your trusted energy/Reiki healer.
- Color Therapy/Wear Yellow ~ Yellow is the color of the sun, brings in happy feelings of joy, innocence, and reenergizes us simply by wearing and or surrounding ourselves with the color yellow.
- Listen to Your Favorite Music ~ Music not only soothes our soul, but it can also shift our mood instantly. If you need a little pick me up, turn on and turn up the tunes that get your energy moving and grooving.
- Yogic Breath of Fire ~ Breathwork brings oxygen into the system and helps refresh your mind, body, and spirit.
- Soak Up The Sun ~ If you close your eyes, open your arms, turn your face towards the sun, and take a deep breath, you’ll instantly receive a boost of energy.
- Crystal Therapy ~ Crystals such as; citrine, fire agate, amber, tiger’s eye, and yellow obsidian will bring in that energizing energy of the sun.
- Aromatherapy ~ Wearing, diffusing, and or inhaling oils such as; lemon, lemongrass, peppermint, orange, grapefruit, and lavender will jumpstart your motivation.
- Solar Plexus Work ~ Leaking energy from your solar plexus is a common reason why you may be tired. There are many reasons why the solar plexus is leaking energy such as; emotional cording to others, little or no willpower, and low self-esteem are a few reasons as to why the solar plexus is compromised. Balancing this chakra through energy healing, Reiki, toning, aromatherapy and crystal therapy can help you reclaim your energy and stamina.